Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Product a Day in Product Project

What is the significance of a product?

Product is derived from the word "produce." L. from pro- "forth" + ducere "to bring, lead" a sense of "bringing into being."

Why is this important?


According to Adam Smith, "Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production; and the interest of the producer ought to be attended to, only so far as it may be necessary for promoting that of the consumer. The maxim is so perfectly self-evident, that it would be absurd to attempt to prove it. But in the mercantile system, the interest of the consumer is almost constantly sacrificed to that of the producer; and it seems to consider production, and not consumption, as the ultimate end and object of all industry and commerce...."

I am interested in industry and commerce. This being Dec. 31, 2009, since I don't believe in New Year's resolutions, instead after being inspired by the Julia and Julie Project...I've decided to embark on my own year Project.

My Project will simply be to Produce a Product a day and offer that Product on the market. I have been an online seller for many years as a reseller of items. Now I would like to try producing the items I sell and what better way than offering a Product a Day for one year.

I think of each new product as an egg in an incubator and either it will hatch or it will not. This year of 2010, I will let the market direct my production. Follow me in my Product a Day project.

I will make and offer one product a day for the market for the entire year of 2010.

2 comments: